Title: Full Time Senior Travel Consultant
Company Name: italktravel Kensington
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, Kensington
Employment Status: Full time
About the business
Join our highly regarded - award winning travel agency. Operating in Kensington since 1995 we enjoy working with a well established repeat clientele. Providing corporate and domestic travel management services. We put people first. We value our team members and our clients.
About the role
- Responsible for booking domestic and international travel for leisure and corporate clients including flights, hotels, tours, cruise, car hire and travel insurance.
- Prepare itineraries including fare construction and file management.
- Liaise with clients providing expert travel advice and guidance.
- Liaise with industry representatives to build relationships and ensure we have the most up to date product and industry information.
- Liaise with other team members to continually improve systems and processes.
- Ongoing training including educational opportunities.
Benefits and perks
An excellent salary package is available for the right candidate plus incentives, educational travel and other travel related perks. Enjoy working Monday to Friday (no weekends). Enjoy working with an established client base in a large light filled office with free parking and close to public transport.
Skills and experience
If you possess the following we would like to hear from you:
- A minimum 3 years' experience in leisure or corporate travel
- Fares and ticketing understanding including fare construction and airline routing principles, the ability to read fare sheets and calculate penalties
- Good and varied product knowledge including destination, cruise and touring
- An ability to prepare and present a client itinerary including file management
- Provide excellent customer service to assist repeat clients and build relationships with new referrals
- Amadeus GDS (conversion training available if required)
- General office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Attention to detail and organised with good time management skills important
- Professional manner paired with outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Which of the following reservation (CR) and distribution (GD) systems do you have experience with?How many years' experience do you have as a travel consultant?