Title: Senior Occupational Therapist
Company Name: Direct Care Australia
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast, Southport
Employment Status: Casual/Vacation
Direct Care Australia's Therapy Direct Division is a registered NDIS provider and an approved Aged Care provider. We treat participants in home and community and/or in clinic at our Southport Wellness Hub.
Our geographical footprint covers Gold Coast, Northern NSW and Brisbane.
About the role
This role is a unique opportunity to lead the establishment of a dynamic and clinically diverse Occupational Therapy team.
You will assist the CEO to build the clinical framework and to build a team of OTs, and later Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Pyschologists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners Direct Care Australia's currently provides core supports, support coordination and case management and is both an NDIS and Aged Care approved provider. We offer clients an integrated model of support to the elderly and to people with a disability.
- Experienced Occupational Therapist (min 4/5 years) with a positive, contemporary attitude to people with disability and the ageing
- Provider of client driven evidence-based therapy services
- Clinically accomplished and confident with leadership capabilities
- Good working knowledge of the NDIS, Aged Care policy and funding rules.
- Experience in AT, home mods, SDA assessments is desirable
- Experience with children and adult clients with physical disabilities eg, CP, MD, Stroke, ABI, MS, MND, Parkinson’s, autism.
- Committed to interdisciplinary practice with excellent communication skills
- Skilled in the provision of Supervision and Education
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or recognised equivalent degree
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Employee WWCC and NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current driving license & Car
- Flexible work conditions (Home and Office)
- Clinically diverse caseload depending on skills, interests, and experience
- Participate in the selection of senior interdisciplinary colleagues (Speech, Physio and PBS)
- Support from an experienced Allied Health Director
- Access to external Supervisor/Consultant
- Continuing education and generous professional development budget
- Professional Development time allocation
- Laptop & iPhone provided
- Travel reimbursed
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
Read Before Apply
Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?How many years' experience do you have as an occupational therapist?Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?How many years' experience do you have as a Clinical Care Lead?How many years' experience do you have as an Advisory Lead?